The San Francisco Symphony (“SF Symphony”, “we,” “our,” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy. References in this policy to “SF Symphony”, “we”, “us”, and “our” are references to the entity responsible for the processing of your personal data, which generally is the entity that obtains your personal data in the respective case. This entity is also referred to as the data controller.
This policy describes the types of information SF Symphony may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.sfsymphony.org or any other of our websites where this policy is posted (collectively the "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by SF Symphony or a third party or through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to, or be accessible from, the Website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, which may include information defined as personal data or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal data”). For example, we may collect any of the following information about you:
- Email address
- User Id
- Government issued ID number
- Phone number
- Payment information to process donations to us
- IP address (gateway and device)
- When applying for a position at SF Symphony, additional personal information including resumes, standardized test scores and other non-sensitive information
Information You Give to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you sign up for our products, services, newsletters and other types of information material; when we process and respond to your inquiries related to products, tech data sheets, technical support and customer service; and when you provide feedback on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses).
Information We Collect About You. As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including resources that you access and use on our Website, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data.
- Information about your computer, mobile devices and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Determine web site traffic patterns.
- Count web visits.
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance and security of our site.
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular.
- Observe site search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues.
- Determine user frequency and recent activity.
Google will use this information on behalf of us as the operator of this Website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity for Website operators and providing them other services relating to Website activity and internet usage.
In case IP anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP anonymization is active on this Website.
You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: (click here).
Below you will find a detailed list of the first-party cookies we may use on our Website:
Type of Cookie
Keep track of ASP.NET session
Keep track of preferred language for Kentico site (default is en-US)
Keeps track of last time you browsed website
Session ID to tie to shopping cart
(Doubleclick) This cookie is associated with the DoubleClick advertising service from Google. Helps with tracking conversion rates for ads.
(AddThis) This cookie is used to manage the social share count, until the sharing cache is updated. A Google service.
This cookie is used to showcase an updated share count for the post on the blog. No info from this cookie is sent back to Google. It is created and used for the website only.
Type of Cookie
For more information consult third party:
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Below please find information about how we process information collected about you (including personal data) as well as the corresponding legal basis. We may process your information where the processing is:
- Necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract with you including processing your payment information. For example:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
- Necessary for responding to your request for consideration for employment.
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation.
- Necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or us (to the extent it does not infringe on any data subject’s fundamental rights and freedoms). For example:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (when you choose to do so).
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Website and services.
- To provide you with information that you have requested and respond to your inquiries.
- To notify you about changes to our service or our Website.
- If you are an existing customer, to communicate (including by email and SMS) with you to provide information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- Subject to applicable laws and regulations, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, to transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal data that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- Pursuant to valid consent provided by you, in order to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, simply do not opt-in when we ask for your consent on the relevant forms where we collect your data. For any other purpose where you have provided valid consent where it is legally required.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Subject to applicable law and regulations, we may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To any member of SF Symphony for the foregoing described purposes.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the activities noted above and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (e.g., database hosting providers, managed services providers, developers, consultants).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of SF Symphony's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by SF Symphony about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you ask us to communication information to a third party broker who will be delivering your tickets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information or with your consent when required by applicable law and regulations.
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or other entities acting as data processors processing data on behalf of us. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your request or order and the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with this policy and applicable legislation.
Unless otherwise required by law, SF Symphony will also erase personal data when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your personal data has been unlawfully processed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track. Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
- Promotional Offers from SF Symphony. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by SF Symphony to promote our own products or services, you can check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also always exercise your right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please note that this does not apply to information provided to SF Symphony as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We remind you that you may at any time exercise certain rights you may have under applicable law and regulation, including the following rights:
- The right to request access to your personal data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data and information related to how it is processed.
- The right to rectification or erasure of your personal data, which includes the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, certain rights to request us to erase your personal data without undue delay.
- The right to restrict or object to processing concerning your personal data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your personal data under certain circumstances (e.g., where you contest the accuracy of your personal data, processing is unlawful, your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes of processing, or you have otherwise objected to processing related to automated individual decision-making).
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your personal data transmitted from us to another controller.
- Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Any requests related to the above rights may be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Website visitors. While we make every reasonable effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
Our Website may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this policy does not apply to these websites. SF Symphony encourages you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced websites you enter. These third-party websites may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit personal data. SF SYMPHONY DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and SF Symphony does not knowingly collect or use any personal data from children under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Any changes we make will be posted on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your personal data, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. The date this policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have a deliverable email address for you, and for periodically monitoring and reviewing any updates to this policy. Your continued use of our Website after such amendments will be deemed your acknowledgement of these changes to this policy.
DATA CONTROLLER & CONTACT INFORMATION
San Francisco Symphony
Davies Symphony Hall
San Francisco, CA 92121