This year we are bringing the San Francisco Symphony to you—digitally!
Music of San Francisco, Music of the World!
The San Francisco Symphony is delighted to present a video version of Concerts for Kids, created especially for classrooms and students who may have visited Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco in past years for a live concert experience. We hope you and your students will enjoy this virtual performance of Concerts for Kids, as well as the study materials that are provided. Both have been designed as educational tools to develop students’ understanding and appreciation of symphonic music.
Music of San Francisco, Music of the World! is the name of our concert program. It presents a variety of orchestral music written by composers to celebrate diverse cultures. The range of cultural traditions in our country and around the world has been a powerful inspiration for composers. The concert program explores some of the cultural expressions from around the world that can be found right here in the Bay Area and throughout Northern California. Watch Now!
This Study Guide is created to support the Concerts for Kids video performance. In it, you will find:
- Information about the San Francisco Symphony
- Drawings of instruments to print out and distribute to your class
- Background on the music and composers being presented
- Suggested classroom activities
- Guidelines on creating student artwork as a follow-up activity to extend students’ engagement with the music!